FOR CORRECTING SCARS, STRETCH MARKS,
SKIN DISCOLOURATION, UNDER EYE CIRCLES & BREAST AREOLA'S:
- Custom Blended Skin Tone Pigment Inserted Into The Skin To Create A Pigment Illusion (Ink is not always needed- see Corrective Needling)
- Powerful Scar, Hydration & Dark Mark Repair Actives Accelerate Healing
- Stimulates Collagen & Elastin Production For Smoother, Stronger Skin
- Permanent Results In Only 3 Treatments Spaced 1-2 Months Apart
- Touch Ups Only Needed After 4-6 Years Depending On Your Skin
- Click Stretch Mark Correction
- Click Scar Correction
- Click Breast Areola Restoration
- Click Permanent Under Eye Concealer
WHAT IS MICROPIGMENTATION/ PARAMEDICAL TATTOOS?
Both Men and Women can benefit from our Corrective Skin Treatments. In this section, we will explain Camouflage Micropigmentation also known as Brazilian Stretch Mark Camouflage or Paramedical Tattooing. It is a non-surgical cosmetic treatment that entails inserting custom blended skin coloured ink into the stretch marks or scars, thereby blending them into the surrounding natural skin tones. This technique creates a pigment illusion so that the stretch marks and scars are a lot less visible.
Unlike traditional tattoos where the artwork is the central focus, paramedical skin micropigmentation focusses on correcting and concealing areas where the skin has been compromised such as stretch marks, scars, hypo-pigmented patches of skin, skin discoloration and under eye circles. Since everyones skin tone is different, great care is taken in custom mixing the specialised sterile ink colours in order to ensure that it matches and blends in with your natural skin tones as closely as possible, making the marks much less visible. It is also important to note that traditional tattoo artists work on normal healthy skin whereas paramedical tattoo artists are skin specialists trained to work on damaged skin tissue which is very different and needs much expertise.
Corrective Needling and Paramedical Tattooing is done on compromised skin, whereas traditional tattoo designs are mostly done on healthy skin and this drastically affects end results. The techniques and products used are also very different.
An added benefit of Micropigmentation is that it not only creates micro-channels in the skin that enables the ink to penetrate into the deeper layers but these micro-channels have an added benefit of stimulating the skin to produce collagen and elastin and allows for deeper aftercare product penetration. This accelerates healing in the area and results are an even skin tone and smoother skin texture.
- Much less visible Stretch Marks and Scars
- Smoother Skin Texture
- Even Skin Tone
- Repair and restructuring of scar tissue and energises the skin
- Boosts cellular renewal for a stronger, glowing skin through the production of collagen and elastin
MICROPIGMENTATION vs COSMETIC ALTERNATIVES
There currently is no cure for stretch marks and scars except through possible surgery and even surgery leaves behind scars. Camouflage Micropigmentation is the only safe and permanent way to correct and conceal your skin imperfections making them less visible.
- The massive difference it makes can be seen after just one session once the skin has healed.
- Results last indefinitely but we recommend touch ups after three to six years, depending on your skin and how you cared for the area.
- Colours and pigments are touched up, adjusted and layered in each session. The average treatment consists of only 2 to 3 sessions.
- We only use high quality, original, sterile inks directly imported from Brazil and the USA.
- There is no downtime after the treatment and you can go back to work immediately after your session. The area will be a bit swollen and red and you may feel slight discomfort but it will not stop you from carrying out your daily activities.
- There are little to no side-effects associated with skin micropigmentation.
HOW LONG BEFORE SEEING RESULTS?
Once your treatment is complete, your skin will need time to heal as it will be a bit red and swollen for a few days. The tattooed area may go darker whilst it is healing but this is a normal process and in time, the hue will settle down to its actual colour. So no need to worry. The final results will take between 30 – 90 days to show depending on how your body recovers. In rare cases healing can take up to 6 months or more. Therefore, patience is key.
After the initial redness and swelling heals, there will remain a pink/brown healing colour for approximetaly 3 to 4 weeks after treatment. This is because the controlled microinjuries made during tattooing are still healing and new skin is developing and growing. The healing process after each treatment differs and usually shortens after each session because the skin is responding more like normal skin. It is important to follow the aftercare instructions given to you by your artist to ensure proper healing and the best results possible.
If you tend to get hyperpigmentation or dark marks, it means your skin goes very dark after a cut, burn or injury for a very long time before it heals. If this is the case, you are still able to have treatment but there is a risk of further hyperpigmentation as your skin heals. This is one of the reasons we include powerful actives in our treatments in order to control the inflammation that causes hyperpigmentation. If you are prone to getting dark marks, your skin may need more time to heal. It could take 60-90 days or even 6 months or longer before the healed results can be seen but it is definitely worth the wait. It is nothing to be alarmed about and we will walk you through your healing process step by step. Hyperpigmentation is more prevalent in darker skin tones.
Just think how many years you have had to live with the marks. Therefore, it should encourage you to be a little more patient with your body to ultimately gain your confidence and life back.
Camouflage Micropigmentation and Corrective Needling will not completely restore skin to the way it looked before it was injured. The process may drastically improve the skin texture and tone but will not completely erase a stretch mark, scar or skin anomaly. It improves colour differences to help disguise the area and make it less noticeable.
A MULTI-SESSION PROCESS
Your treatments with us are a journey and we will be with you every step of the way. We get just as excited about your progress as you do and take emmense joy in witnessing your before and after progress and results. The procedures cannot be rushed and you may need 2 or more sessions spaced 60 – 90 days apart before we achieve your desired results depending on your skin and the scars or stretch marks treated. We prefer a conservative approach when adding ink by layering custom blended pigment in each session and monitoring how your skin heals and accepts the ink. The technique is truly and art and not an exact science. Colour can always be added but cannot be taken away. Depending on the size and complexity of the areas being treated, a session can last approximately between 1-4 hours.
The longevity of this treatment varies from person to person. Factors like sun exposure, your immune system, hormones and your lifestyle can have an impact on how regular you will need touch-ups in the future. On average, results are indefinite with touch ups required from 3-6 years after the initial treatment. For lasting results, it is very important to stick to the aftercare instructions given by your artist.
IS THE TREATMENT PAINFUL?
Clients rate the pain experience between 1 – 10 where 10 is the most painful and 1 is the least painful, between a 5-7. We do not use numbing agents on the body as unlike a traditional tattoo, we are working on damaged skin and do not want any barrier on the skin that hinders the absorption of the pigment and scar repair actives. It is also worth remembering that stretch marks and scars do not have the same nerve endings and blood supply as normal skin, as a result the treatment hurts much less during and after than tattooing healthy skin. You may feel a slight discomfort similar to fine sandpaper going over your skin but we can assure you that it is nothing to worry about and is definitely not unbearable. Everything is done to make you as comfortable as possible during your treatment.
CORRECTIVE NEEDLING &
Camouflage Micropigmentation is an unpredictable process. Therefore Corrective Needling and a Patch Test may be the starting point for determining an appropriate combination of pigments to match the skin and determine how effectively your skin accepts the pigments and heals. The final healed colour always looks very different from when the pigment was initially inserted. The healed result equals the pigment colour formula that was inserted under the skin plus your natural skin colour and tones.
At your patch test appointment, your skin tone is analysed. Various combinations of pigments will be mixed to determine what appears to be a good match. You will receive a tattoo in at least one spot about the size of a match box. When the patch test is finished, you will have to wait 4 to 8 weeks in order to see how the healed colour will look. Your full micropigmentation sessions can then begin after healing.
You may have certain medical conditions and be on certain medication which prevent you from having treatment. This will be discussed with you at your consultation. Conditions may include diabetes, skin diseases, blood and auto-immune disorders and allergies.
You cannot be treated with Paramedical Tattooing if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. However, we can recommend medical grade stretch mark products that are completely safe to use during pregnancy. Once your bundle of joy is delivered, please come and see us as soon as possible as the sooner we start treating new stretch marks, the better the result. In fact, in many cases stretch marks are completely healed and not visible at all after Corrective Needling done early.
- We recommed you scrub the area that will be treated two to three times a week in order to remove dead skin cells. Recommended preparation products can be purchased from us if you are not equipped at home.
- Please avoid alcohol and caffeine for 24 hours before and 24 hours after the treatment.
- Moisturise your skin daily so that it is in good condition. We recommend moisturisers that contain silicone. Dry, flaky skin will not take the ink well and end results will be affected.
- Avoid any sun exposure for at least 6 weeks prior to the treatment. Tanned skin cannot be worked on as it does not reflect the true colour of the skin and will result in the incorrect colour being matched.
- Get plenty of rest and hydrate yourself by drinking 2-3 litres of water daily, starting at least 24 hours prior to and up to the day of your procedure.
- On the day of the treatment, do not use any moisturisers or oils on the area that will be treated as this can interfere with the ink placement.
- Ensure you eat a good meal before your appointment, as this will help with pain thresholds.
During your consultation, your artist will give you detailed aftercare instructions and explain the aftercare products to use that are included in your package. Strictly following these instructions are vitally important to avoid infection, scarring and ensure proper healing and settling of the ink.
You need patience during the healing process and we advise that you do not expose your skin to the sun for at least 3 months after the final treatment. You will have to postpone your beach vacation until your treatments are complete and your skin has fully healed. Generally excessive sun exposure is not recommended. Exposure to UVA and UVB rays from the sun has many disadvantages such as pre-mature aging and the increased risk of skin cancer. If you do decide to venture into the sun, ensure that you are wearing proper sunblock.
In summary, you need to avoid sunbeds (preferably indefinitely), saunas, exercise and the gym for at least one week, no swimming for two weeks. You will need to avoid showering for 24 hours. Also avoid any exfoliation or shaving for at least 14 days.
The area will scab as it starts to heal – do not scratch it if it itches and do not pick off the scabs. Allow them to fall off by themselves! This is VERY important. If you scratch it and you bleed, not only will you lose some pigment but you may cause scarring. Only use the recommeded products as they have been medically formulated to assist in repairing compromised skin and scar tissue. Remember, micropigmentation is not the same as a traditional tattoo.